Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Resolutions for 2012! :o)

I can't even remember the last time I made a New Year's resolution. I always thought they were kind of pointless and most people never keep them anyway... And if you really want to change something, like diet, why wait until the new year? With that being said, I decided that I am going to make a few, lol. Maybe I shouldn't say for just 2012, but for my life in general. Not sure what sparked this.. Maybe because things are different for me, like the fact that I am married now. But none of these changes/goals are that life shattering, though. Just some minor things that I am always working toward.

So, here goes. {In no particular order}.

1. Worry less. Especially when it comes to school, and thinking that I have some awful disease {being a pre-nursing student can do that to you!}. I have realized over the past few years that worrying is a COMPLETE waste of energy. I refuse to have the "what if.." scenario going on in my head.

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass.

Psalms 37:5

That's all I need.

2. Consume more raw foods. For this, Daren and I decided that we wanted a juicer. So for Christmas, MIL got us one. It worked great at first. Super powerful motor and very dry pulp. Then it started to get off balance very easily, and would shake violently, so we decided to return it. We went to Macy's because they had all of their juicers 40% off. We ended up with a Cuisinart. It was originally 289.99, so the 40% off was a great deal. The pulp isn't as dry as it was in the first juicer, but it gets the job done and we love it. I have already noticed a difference in how I feel just from the couple of weeks with juicing.


Beet, apple, celery, carrot, cranberry, chard, and ginger. :)

3. Get moving! At the end of Winter, Daren and I have plans to buy me a GOOD bike so we can spend the next 7 months or so riding everywhere. We live in the perfect area for this. Until then, I am going to make an effort to get my body moving more. Like parking really far away at school, the mall, or the grocery store.. These are small changes but I feel like they could make a difference.

4. Blog more. Hopefully I can make this happen. I take a lot of pictures, but often forget to post them. I have some new ideas for posts, too. :D

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment